Recipe type: Entree
Luku is an Ethiopian food recipe with chicken and eggs.
- 8 pieces chicken
- 8 hard boiled eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 5 cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cumin
- Remove shells from eggs. With a sharp knife, make 4 to 5 shallow cuts on both sides of each egg. Set aside.
- In a large pan, heat 2 tbsp oil over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add onions and saute.
- Reduce heat to medium and add tomato paste and water. Stir well. Cook for 10 minutes, and then add remaining oil. Cook for 5 minutes more.
- Add salt, black pepper, garlic, paprika, cumin, and chicken. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for about 30 minutes.
- Add eggs, cover, and cook for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender.