Recipe type: Appetiser
Samosas is an Ethiopian food recipe of meat stuffed egg roll skins.
- 1½ lb lean ground beef
- ½ tsp cumin seed
- 2 tbsp green onion, chopped
- dash garlic powder
- dash seasoned salt
- dash black pepper
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 package egg roll skins
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- In a large frying pan, break up the ground beef with a fork. Add cumin, green onion, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and black pepper and mix well.
- Brown meat over medium heat. Drain off fat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and 2 tbsp water and stir to make a paste.
- Place 1 egg roll skin on a flat surface. Cover remaining skins with a slightly damp kitchen towel so they don’t dry out.
- With a pastry brush, brush all 4 edges of skin with flour and water mixture. Place about 1 tbsp of meat mixture just above center of skin. Fold skin in half over filling to form a triangle and press edges together Repeat with remaining skins.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes. With tongs, carefully place 1 samosa in oil. Samosa should fry to golden brown in about 3 minutes. If it takes longer than this, increase the temperature of the oil. Remove samosa from oil with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining samosas, frying 3 or 4 at a time.