Plantain and Beef Stew
Recipe type: Entree
Plantain and Beef Stew is a popular Ethiopian food recipe with onions and tomatoes.
- 1 lb beef, cubed
- 2 cup water
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 medium green plantains
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash, peel and slice the plantains then place them in bowl of cold water.
- Place the meat and water in a pot and simmer for 1 hour.
- Saute the onion and tomato in hot oil.
- Add cooked meat, plantains and coconut milk.
- Add salt and pepper and simmer until bananas are cooked and meat is tender.