Recipe type: Side
Injera is an Ethiopian food recipe for flat bread.
- 3 cup warm water
- 2½ cup flour, self rising
- 3 tbsp club soda
- vegetable oil
- Pour warm water into a blender or food processor. Add the flour, cover, and blend on low for 10 seconds. Turn blender on high and mix for 30 seconds, until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a mixing bowl and add the club soda. Mix with a spoon. The batter should have the consistency of heavy cream.
- Bring a 10-inch skillet to medium heat. Spread ½ tsp oil over the pan with a pastry brush or paper towel. Use a ladle to pour ½ cup of the batter to one side of the pan. Quickly tilt the pan to spread the batter evenly over the bottom like you would a crepe.
- Small bubbles will soon appear on the surface and the edges of the pancake will curl away from the pan. After 1 minute, use a spatula to remove the injera. Place it on a towel to cool. The finished injera should be white and easy to bend. Repeat the process until batter is used up.