Recipe type: Entree
Fish Aloko is an Ethiopian food recipe with bananas, tomatoes, onions and potatoes.
- 30 plantain bananas
- 10 sweet potatoes
- 2kg of tomatoes
- 2kg of onions
- 5 small pimientos
- 4–5 kg of fish
- 6 eggs
- 3L of peanut oil
- bullion cubes
- Cut the plantain bananas and sweet potatoes into small diced cubes and fry in hot oil in a large frying pan.
- Cut tomatoes and onions into small pieces. Put them in a bowl. Mix oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and stock cube.
- Make a chilli sauce with onion, salt and pepper in a pan.
- Clean fish if it’s fresh – once with water, then with lemon and put in a bowl.
- Mix the flour, eggs, salt, pepper and the stock cube. Coat the fish pieces in this mixture.
- Put oil in a skillet until the oil is heated to bring the fish and cook until browned, then remove.
- Chop the onion and pimientos, fry in a hot pan with a little oil. Add the tomatoes and season to taste.