Cabbage and Potatoes
Recipe type: Side
Cabbage and Potatoes is an Ethiopian food recipe cooked with carrots and onions.
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ head cabbage, shredded
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the carrots and onion in the hot oil about 5 minutes. Stir in the salt, pepper, cumin, turmeric, and cabbage and cook another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until potatoes are soft, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with meat.